Questions, questions, questions! Here’s a list of some of the most frequently questions and my answers to them.
If you have any questions you want to ask me just use the hashtag #askiskra on Twitter or Instagram!
01) What’s your Snapchat?
Easy one that: iskralawrence. For other contact details please visit my contact page.
02) What’s your gym workout routine?
There is no secret. I can tell you what I do. Gym 3 times a week for the last 5 years – consistency is the key. What works for me is squats as heavy as possible, lunges, leg presses, skipping. It’s very much a mixture of heavy weightlifting and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). But it’s difficult and I’m anxious that I don’t recommend my program to others. I do this type of training because it works for me and my body – I love this kind of training and I like the way it makes me feel and the way it works for my shape. My advice would be to try all sorts of exercise – see what works for your body – what makes you feel fit and strong – and what you enjoy. And don’t set unrealistic goals just try to be the best version of you you can be. Because that’s better than trying to look like anyone else or striving for perfection that doesn’t exist. Hope this helps. Below are some links to videos and posts about my workouts: warm-up, exercises and cool down.
03) How can I get motivated to go to the gym?
Going to the gym always gives better results when you enjoy it and go more often. I aim for 3 times a week. Here are 12 ways to start loving your workouts.
1. Retrain your negative thoughts and start thinking about how working out makes you fitter and stronger.
2. Set realistic goals for yourself.
3. Try out a range of exercises from pilates, swimming or weights. Find what you enjoy.
4. Don’t feel guilty if you can’t go.
5. Write down how you feel after exercise. I have never regretted a workout.
6. Don’t make excuses. You are worth more than that. Be a woman of your word. Instead of finding excuses that you don’t have time, make time because the time spent working out is a personal investment into your future health.
7. Stop comparing yourself to others, and the same goes for the gym.
8. Find a playlist full of songs you love. Or, make one yourself.
9. Treat working out as a reward, relieve your stress, or use it as meditation. Focusing solely on a certain exercise can relieve stress and anxiety.
10. Take a friend or your partner.
11. Think about all those wonderful endorphins you’ll create.
12. Do it for YOU.
Here are some videos about gym motivation.
04) What’s your diet? What do you eat?
I don’t diet, I enjoy treats in moderation and I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week.
05) Where are you from? What nationality are you?
I’m British, but half-Irish. My mom is from Northern Ireland and my dad is from England.
06) How do I get a body like yours?
I want you to be the best ‘YOU’ that you can be.
I want you to have a body like yours.
Take a look in the mirror and pick 3 things you like about yourself. Start to see your body is a positive way, build a body that makes the most of your best bits!
07) What are your measurements? How tall are you?
I’m 5’9.5″ tall which is 176cm. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. I’m a size 12 US or 14 UK in the lower-half of my body, and a size 10/12 on my top-half. My waist is 74cm or 29″, and I have 43″/109cm hips. I’m a UK 6/6.5 shoe size which is EU 40/41, 8/8.5 US. I’m a US 34D US and a UK 34DD.
I don’t weight myself as discussed in the following Runway Riot video:
08) How do I book you for a job?
For business and talent inquiries please contact Don Buchwald and Associates, Inc.
For other details please visit my contact page.
09) What should I do to have more body confidence?
Don’t compare yourself to others! Be the best ‘you’ you can be!
10) What does your name ‘Iskra’ mean, and where is it from?
My name means ‘spark’ in Russian. It is a first name in some countries such as Croatia, and a family name in other countries. You can also watch my video on Runway Riot.
11) What I can do about bullies, body-shamers, insults, and trolls?
Please watch the video I’ve created below
12) How can I get into modeling?
Please see my RunwayRiot video below.
13) Who do I contact to interview you?
Please contact my PR agency:
Derris & Company
Please email email@example.com.
Tel: + 1 212.500.0810
14) What’s that you are wearing in the picture?
I try where possible to tag, or comment on, what I’m wearing in posts. It is not always possible, and sometimes you might need to look through older posts to see if I’m wearing the same thing and have tagged it there.